Our expert Sports Physiotherapists have worked with elite athletes, sports teams and have a wide range of experience in the assessment and treatment of sports injuries. They will be able to devise a rehabilitation program, tailored to your needs, enabling you get back to peak performance, quickly and safely. They have access to a well-equipped gym, should you require it.
Our dynamic approach brings together a comprehensive range of treatments. These are tailored to treat all individuals, whether you are competitive sportsperson or exercise recreationally.
Common injuries and scenarios we can help with include:
- Muscle, ligament, joint sprains and strains.
- Post- operative and pre -operative rehabilitation.
- Overuse injuries
- Back and neck
- Muscle imbalances.
- Rehabilitation post injury.
Our services include:
- Expert injury assessment, treatment and rehabilitation programme - Experienced Physiotherapists who have the clinical knowledge to assess, diagnose and treat you accurately. This will get you back to peak performance quickly - whether it is an acute injury, overuse injury or pre/post–surgical.
- Biomechanical assessment - A biomechanical assessment is designed to locate and correct the source of potential injuries. The Physiotherapist will look at posture, symmetry, alignment, strength and flexibility. It’s important to remember that pain is a symptom, correcting the biomechanics will treat the cause of pain.
- Full Body Sport & Fitness MOT - This may be used to help you improve your performance in your current activity or to help you prepare for a new activity. This is essential if you’re keen to prevent a potential problem when planning to do something special out of your everyday terrain, such as mountain climbing, triathlons or going on an active holiday.
- Be proactive not reactive – Everyday aches and pains can quickly turn into a debilitating condition. It is always best to get advice and treatment sooner rather than later. This is particularly important if you are training for an event, early treatment usually results in a quick recovery.
- Sport Specific Training Programmes - Every sport has its own set of unique physical requirements - be it strength, endurance or flexibility. Our Sports Physios at London City Physiotherapy have the expert knowledge to get your body fit for that particular sport.
- Sports Taping available - Sports tape can be used to support joints and give them a stable position during activity, in turn preventing further injury. We use specialist kinesiotape, a rehabilitative tape technique designed to provide support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion. The tape is more elastic than usual sports tape and thus can be used with muscles as well as joints.
- Acupuncture and trigger point needling - Acupuncture can help speed recovery in musculo-skeletal injuries or disorders. It very effective in targeting pain relief and soft tissue release in combination with other techniques used by the Physiotherapist such as mobilisation, manipulation, exercise prescription and electrotherapy.